Volunteer – Literacy Tutor
Position: Literacy Tutor Volunteer
Closing Date: On-Going
Become a Volunteer Literacy Tutor! Help an adult student upgrade. Open the doors to reading and writing. Assist a student in basic literacy skills.
- Completion of an application form
- Reference checks
- Police check
Training is provided and a Resume is not required.
- Tutoring an adult student for two hours, once per week
- Provide encouragement for a student who lacks in confidence and self esteem
- Help a student develop a positive attitude toward learning
- Help a student reach his/her literacy goal (e.g. completion of forms, reading to children, writing a note, etc.)
- Provide the key, in empowering individuals to become more independent
- Provide one-to-one tutoring and witness improved literacy skills in your student
- Have the satisfaction that you supported the literacy cause and your community
- Observe you student’s confidence and self-esteem soar
Contact us below to receive an application form.